The Light Phone was born as an alternative to the tech monopolies that are fighting more and more aggressively for our time & attention. Light creates tools that respect you. Objects that empower you to be your best self. Technology intentionally designed to be used as little as possible.
The Light Phone II is built around a user-customizable toolbox where you will be able to easily add or remove various tools using the Dashboard. It will never have feeds, social media, advertisements, news or email. All of the tools are custom designed for our Light OS. There is no infinity, just intention. Light Phones core functionality includes calls, messages as well as an alarm and hotspot.
The Light Phone is an unlocked, 4G LTW mobile phone. It's a simple phone with a few essential tools. It uses a unique e-ink display and has a completely custom typographic-based interface. Whether you need a break from your smartphone or are ready to ditch the smartphone for good, the Light Phone II is designed for going light, enjoying time free of distractions.
The Light Phone II is unlocked. It is not limited to any specific carrier, as long as the SIM and carrier are compatible. All Carriers are compatible except for Sprint.
- E-Ink "electronic paper" technology; Made popular by e-reader devices such as the Kindle, the screen is characterized by its low power requirements, high visibility & contrast, and wide viewing angle. No backlight, unlike a smartphone. Completely legible in direct sunlight; for viewing in lowlight, there is a screen light that automatically illuminates the interface.
- Features: Lightphone II's core functionality includes calls, messages, as well as an alarm and hotspot. There is a customizable toolbox menu in which you can add/remove various additional features to your phone. Currently, you can add an alarm, calculator, simple music player, or podcasts tool.
- While considering additional functionality for the Light Phone II, it's important to remember all the features it will never have. The Light Phone II will never have social media, internet browsing, email, news, or ads. The Light Phone II's tools are intentional, and there is a clear objective in opening the tool. There will never be an infinite feed. The device itself reflects this philosophy and inherently limits the phone's functionality.
- Network: 4G LTE (LTE FDD + VoLTE)
- North American Model: B2. B4. B12. B13. B17. B25. B26
- Screen: E-Ink
- Dimensions: 95.85 x 55.85 x 8.75mm
- Weight: 78g
- Battery: 1-2 days of regular use; up to 7 days standby (950mAh)
- Connectivity: GPS, Bluetooth (4.2), Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)
- Charging Port: Micro USB
- Waterproof: IPX3 (splash resistant)
- Headphone Jack: Yes
- Includes SIM card, Light-branded micro USB cable and SIM pin. It does not include wall adapter.