Operations & Customer Service Coordinator
Title: Operations & Customer Service Coordinator
About Basic Space: Launched in December 2017, Basic Space is a mobile marketplace curated by influential creatives across art, design, fashion, music, food, and tech, and sell new, pre-used, and exclusive products directly to consumers. Basic Space is an early-stage startup based in DTLA and lives under the dFm umbrella. We are looking for a candidate that is interested in the convergence of Fashion + Experiences + Technology, culturally curious, and excited to work with a small team with a start-up mentality.
The ideal candidate is a “subject matter expert", from a business, operations, customer service and consumer affairs perspective. This persons is self-reliant, proactive, and is able to bring new process and strategies to our Customer Service program and Inventory management. We are looking for someone who can manage a small team, while juggling multi-projects and responsibilities. Excellent attention to detail, organizational, and multitasking skills are necessary to be successful at this position. Most importantly, this person is excited about joining a small, start-up team in the early-growth stages and ready to help build something great!
- Day to Day role includes:
- Customer Service Support
- Management of Online Orders
- Inventory Organization
- Internship Coordination
- Contribute ways to streamline our customer service processes, policies, and overall guidelines.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service reps/interns. Conduct formal training sessions for new hires/interns.
- Develop an inventory management system: manage/organize/archive/markdown inventory.
- Assist in building, launching, and managing the a Rewards and Promotional program.
- 2-4 years in a customer facing role, preferably ecomm.
- Knowledge of ecommerce systems, content management systems, customer service software, and best practices.
- Sales goal driven with a strong understanding of business drivers that will impact sales.
- Experience with customers in the fashion/home/art/tech world.
- Great written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Proactive in identifying, resolving and communicating challenges.
- Exceptional interpersonal/team building skills including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.